The Future is Now!
Winners will be selected based on artistic merit as well as how well each design highlights the unique qualities of holography. Each winning design will be printed on holographic board. 13 winning entries will be selected, one for each month of the year, as well as one for December of 2021.
All winners will receive 10 copies of the 2022 holographic calendar, a frameable awards certificate, and publicity via trade magazines, blogs, press releases, and social media platforms.
Open for Entries: Now!
Entry Deadline: June 1, 2021
Winners Contacted: August 1, 2021
Winners Announced: December 1, 2021
- Any one designer can submit up to five (5) entries, and the contest is open to all individuals, regardless of age or location.
- Each entry should represent, in an artistic way, a compelling vision of the future, whether it be a retro Steampunk warrior, a dark Blade Runner-like cityscape, or a terraformed planet full of alien flora and fauna. The more creative the better! Just make sure that the image allows for the holographic pattern on which it will be printed to be an integral part of the design.
- Entries should be emailed to email@example.com, along with your name, company name, and contact info. If you prefer to mail your entry(ies) on a flash drive, mail to: Kim Guarnaccia, Mainline Holographics, 21 Munger Ln, Bethlehem, CT 06751 USA.
All entries, whether emailed or mailed, must arrive on or before the entry deadline: June 1, 2021.
Image Size and Format
- Entries can be in the form of an illustration, photograph, or montage.
- All entries should be submitted at 100% size, 11 x 17” trim size, in a vertical (portrait) format, as .pdf, .tiff, or .jpg (or other graphic format), with crop marks and bleeds in place.
- Each design MUST leave a 4” x 4” space for the calendar month and dates, which will be added during the pre-press phase. The month and dates may be printed in white on top of a colored space or the space can be left white/transparent.
Winners will be contacted on or around August 1, 2021 via email. If no response is provided within seven days of notification, the winner shall forfeit any and all claims, will be disqualified, and another winner selected in their place.
Once winners have been notified, they will be asked to submit the original file (Photoshop, Quark, AI, InDesign, etc.) so we can create the necessary masks and add your name, company name, and URL, at the bottom of each calendar page, along with the name of the holographic pattern used. If the original file cannot be supplied within a reasonable amount of time, the entry will be disqualified and another will be selected in its place.
Once the calendar has been printed, winners will receive 10 copies of each calendar (more may be available at the discretion of Mainline Holographics), a frameable awards certificate, and ongoing publicity via trade magazines, blogs, press releases, and social media platforms.
Winners will be unable to select or suggest which holographic pattern will be used with their design, nor will they be able to select the month that will be featured. These decisions will be at the sole discretion of Mainline Holographics.
Entrants under 18 years of age may participate with the permission of their parents or legal guardians. If the image of an entrant under 18 years of age is chosen, and written parental or guardian permission cannot be provided, Mainline Holographics has the right to reject the entry.
Entrants must warrant that the photograph or illustration they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it. Use of copyrighted materials is prohibited unless the entrant has written permission to use such materials. If written permission cannot be provided, Mainline Holographics has the right to reject the entry.
The entrant retains the rights to his/her photo/image/illustration; however, by entering the contest, he/she grants Mainline Holographics a non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entry, in whole or in part, in any media now existing (such as publications, websites, and social media) or
Mainline Holographics is not responsible or liable for:
- any problem, loss or damage due to delay and/or failure in receiving and sending the entry as a result of any network, communication or system interruption, or error,
- any problem, damage or loss of whatever nature to any entrant, or their authorized representatives, resulting from their participation in the contest.
Mainline Holographics reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend or delay the contest in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control. Mainline Holographics reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to these contest terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, and entrants shall be bound to such changes.
Any questions, email Kim: firstname.lastname@example.org
3500 SW Topeka Boulevard Topeka, KS 66611-1274
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, CST
Stay In Touch
Periodically, we share news and updates with our clients.
We hope you’ll add your email to our list (promise we won’t share with anyone else!).
© Mainline Printing, updated daily